Saturday 8 June 2013

Postcard - Art Is A Shadow

Created for the Sunday Postcard Challenge where the theme is to create a postcard in the "style of an art journal page".  Since there are so many ways that people journal I chose to create something in a similar style to what I would in my own journals.  I usually start my journal pages with acrylic paint, stamps and ink, add some focal images and a meaningful quote, word or phrase.  I tend not to write paragraphs of personal thoughts or life experiences as some people do, but each page has meaning to me or represents something in my life.

Supplies:
Cardstock - Taffeta Smooth White
Golden Gesso
Golden Fluid Acrylic Paint - Teal, Dioxizine Purple, Nickel Azo Yellow
Stamps - Darkroom door (mesh), Studio G(alphabet), Text background - Unknown manufacturer
Sequin Waste
Patterned Paper - Bazzill
Die - Sizzix Primitive Hearts #3
Archival Inks - Blue Violet, Aquamarine
Pan Pastel - Violet Shade
Derwent Pastel Pencil - Black
Golden Matt Medium
Spectrafix Fixative

19 comments:

  1. a wonderful piece and a great quote. All the layers make is really something special

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this one blows me away! Love how the hearts´ shadows support the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the shadowing of the hearts comes out great! love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this postcard, just beautiful and a wonderful quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous page and a brilliant quote, Rachel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fantastic card- the colors are scrumptious!

    Lori
    Foxglove Hollow

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the background on this. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Rachel, this is such an amazing Art Journal page.
    And I just love the quote :-)
    XOXO SanDee1899

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's gorgeous! I really like the sentiment. It's so true. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  10. The sentiment is spot on and the whole postcard is pretty with and edge to it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I actually gasped "Oh Wow!" when this came up on my screen. It's luscious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely Journal card Rachel. Love the background, so many layers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous - I have seen some of your beautiful journal pages in your fab videos and this certainly captures 'your charming style'. Thank you for letting us see more of your lovely designs.

    ReplyDelete