Sunday 2 June 2013

Postcard & ATC - There's No Place Like Home

Created for the Sunday Postcard Challenge where the theme is "No Place Like Home".  After making my postcard, I had a little house left over - I had stamped it on an orange background, then changed my mind and went with all red houses in the end (for the postcard).  I used the orange house to make an ATC with the same theme- The background to the ATC had been sat in my scraps box for ages, so finally it got used for something :-)

Materials:
Dylusions Colour Wash Sprays (Old Pre Ranger Colours): Sky Blue, Postbox Red, Teal, Lime, Amber
Stamps: PaperArtsy Minis, Darkroom Door, Lindsay Mason/Personal Impressions
Inks: Versafine Black, Archival Manganese Blue, Adirondack Butterscotch
Sequin Waste & Gesso
Pens: Black Posca Paint pen, White Uni-Ball Signo

In addition to the materials used on the postcard, this ATC also uses:
Dragonfly - Technique Tuesday: Wildflowers set
Tiny Flowers - Darkroom Door
Script Background - Indigo Blue
Archival ink in Vermillion



15 comments:

  1. Ok so the top one needs "built with love dreams and a whole bunch of cash!" Love these!! Love the colors. TFS! *hugs* =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic ATC's great colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your background on the bottom one. Gorgeous and vibrant colors

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ATC and Postcard !

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both wonderful! Great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fun, I like your textured backgrounds and thanks for listing your materials, I always enjoy that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Blog is a firework on amazing work of art!!! Just adorable. I am so excited to see you are back!!!Rachel! Hope to see you stepping by on our challenge as well :-)
    http://sandee-and-amelie.blogspot.de/

    CU - SanDee1899

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wonderful, vibrant pstcard - and what a great quote!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful colors and charming imagery- love these postcards!

    Lori

    Foxglove Hollow

    ReplyDelete
  10. Breathtaking - love the bright and vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful colors and I love the funny little houses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are so cool! I'd never heard of this challenge but you inspired me to play along too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome colours and I really like the circles and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both just striking! I love those vibrant Dylusions sprays.

    ReplyDelete